Cutting Edge Recruiting Solutions (CERS) is looking for a project manager with commercial roofing expertise. Our client is a full-service commercial roofing contractor specializing in re-roofing, replacements, repairs, and maintenance services for occupied buildings in Florida.
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Job title: Project manager
The ideal candidate has well rounded experience in the commercial roofing trade and is eager to take the next step in their career as a project manager. Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal communication skills are a must for success in this role.
- The Roofing Project Manager oversees the planning, execution and closing of secure commercial roofing projects.
- Plan, organize and schedule the activities of construction managers and subcontractors to achieve project objectives
- Liaison with building owner to facilitate construction activities
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site foreman to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Clients
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to
- Maintain official project log and documentation files
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Review contracts to understand project requirements and constraints
- Develop and send out bid requests to Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, evaluating the responses to award contracts based on price, value, experience, customer service, etc.
- Review Engineering drawings to ensure proper system design to meet customers’ needs and deliverables of contract
- Facilitate weekly project meetings