Cutting Edge Recruiting Solutions (CERS) has a need for a seasoned cost accountant for one of our clients in the cement industry. The cost accountant will report directly to the CEO/CFO.
Location: Boca Raton (Hybrid)
- Developing and analyzing cost standards
- Logistical costing on raw materials
- Operating cash management, general ledger/P&L responsibilities
- Raw material management from vendors/suppliers with lead times
- Cost & pricing modeling / Excel (volume triggers, inventory cycles, cost accounting around demand-planning).
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis/ Cost Variance budget forecast
- Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
- Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
- Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
- Managing the company’s balance sheet and accounting books
- Supporting other company accountants with invoicing and capital expenditure
- Manage product costing, analyze, and prepare annual raw material and standard cost roll up as part of annual budgeting process
- Some cost analysis including materials, labor, overhead rages, inventory valuation, product costing, and product pricing
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience required in a standard cost system environment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in accounting software and Excel, QuickBooks online, and M365 (MS Teams)
- Experience with construction materials or construction materials purchasing
- Self-starting and goal-oriented personality striving to realize achievements